Built as a musician’s studio, it has its own space, yard, firepit and now, its own kitchen and bathroom.
Rental for one or two people.
Studio open space
With Full bed, large sofa and comfortable chairs and Non-functioning fireplace.
Bathroom – Shower, pedestal sink, toilet
Linens and towels provided. Guests are treated to locally made artisan-made soaps and sprays. Other amenities include washer, dryer, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, chest of drawers, and plenty of closet hanging space.
- Everything needed to create a home-cooked meal
- Coffee maker, coffee grinder, blender, a wide assortment of dishes, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils, cloth napkins.
- Recycling bins and kitchen compost pail provided.
- Guests are treated to locally roasted Bonne Terre blend Reve coffee.
- Dining room table seats two.
The pantry is lightly-stocked with a selection of organic and Fair Trade foods and sundries. There are stores nearby in Poche Bridge and Breaux Bridge, with a larger selection of shops just twenty-minutes away in Lafayette.
Set back near the woods, there is a wrap-around deck and shaded outdoor sitting areas for bird-watching and enjoying the outdoors. Comfortable swing near studio for morning or afternoon coffee or just daydreaming.
- Television with local channels, and WIFI. Smart TV to use your Netflix, etc.
- An assortment of books, many about and written by Louisiana authors
- Regional magazines
- DVDs and local music (Vinyl and CDs)
- Turntable, CD player and Radio
- Our local radio station, KRVS, is one of the best stations in the country with local Cajun, creole and Zydeco music.
Bonne Terre Cottage contributes to a healthier planet by utilizing green household products such as energy efficient light bulbs, a programmable thermostat, an Energy Star-rated air conditioner, ceiling fans, energy-efficient windows and eco-friendly cleaning products and laundry detergent.
We cultivate an organic garden, tend a small orchard and a flock of free range chickens. Our 10-acre homestead, which includes a two-acre woodlot, is a National Wildlife Federation certified wildlife habitat.