Built as a musician’s studio, it has its own space, yard, firepit and now, its own kitchen and bathroom.
Spacious, Well-appointed and Spotless
Rental for one or two people.
Studio open space
With Full bed, large sofa and comfortable chairs and Non-functioning fireplace.
Bathroom – Shower, pedestal sink, toilet
Linens and towels provided. Guests are treated to locally made artisan-made soaps and sprays. Other amenities include washer, dryer, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, chest of drawers, and plenty of closet hanging space.
- Everything needed to create a home-cooked meal
- Coffee maker, coffee grinder, blender, a wide assortment of dishes, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils, cloth napkins.
- Recycling bins and kitchen compost pail provided.
- Guests are treated to locally roasted Bonne Terre blend Reve coffee.
- Dining room table seats two.
The pantry is lightly-stocked with a selection of organic and Fair Trade foods and sundries. There are stores nearby in Poche Bridge and Breaux Bridge, with a larger selection of shops just twenty-minutes away in Lafayette.
Set back near the woods, there is a wrap-around deck and shaded outdoor sitting areas for bird-watching and enjoying the outdoors. Comfortable swing near studio for morning or afternoon coffee or just daydreaming.
- Television with local channels, and WIFI. Smart TV to use your Netflix, etc.
- An assortment of books, many about and written by Louisiana authors
- Regional magazines
- DVDs and local music (Vinyl and CDs)
- Turntable, CD player and Radio
- Our local radio station, KRVS, is one of the best stations in the country with local Cajun, creole and Zydeco music.
Bonne Terre Cottage contributes to a healthier planet by utilizing green household products such as energy efficient light bulbs, a programmable thermostat, an Energy Star-rated air conditioner, ceiling fans, energy-efficient windows and eco-friendly cleaning products and laundry detergent.
We cultivate an organic garden, tend a small orchard and a flock of free range chickens. Our 10-acre homestead, which includes a two-acre woodlot, is a National Wildlife Federation certified wildlife habitat.
Best Stay Ever!
Book this place today. You can thank me later. The best stay I have ever had by a long shot.