Rent The Main House – in Breaux Bridge
The Main House at Bonne Terre Louisiana is a fully furnished 2 bedroom, 2 bath 100 year old house that was originally built in New Iberia, Louisiana, and moved to Breaux Bridge in 1998! Our studio, which sleeps 2, is also available.
- No Smoking
- No Children
- No Pets
- Not Wheel Chair accessible
Rental for one to four people. (Four people maximum)
Any guests under 24 need prior approval from the owner.
- 1 Bedroom – King bed
- 1 Bedroom – Full bed
- 1 Bathroom – Shower, pedestal sink, toilet
- 1 Bathroom – Tub, pedestal sink, toilet
Linens and towels provided. Guests are treated to locally made artisan-made soaps and sprays. Other amenities include hair dryer, iron/ironing board, chest of drawers, and plenty of closet hanging space.
- Everything needed to create a home-cooked meal.
- Coffee maker, coffee grinder, blender, a wide assortment of dishes, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils, cloth napkins.
- Recycling bins and kitchen compost pail provided.
- Dining room table seats six comfortably.
- Guests are treated to locally roasted Bonne Terre blend Rêve coffee.
The pantry is lightly-stocked with a selection of organic and Fair Trade foods and sundries. There are stores nearby in Poche Bridge and Breaux Bridge, with a larger selection of shops just twenty-minutes away in Lafayette.
- Lovely glass porch and shaded outdoor sitting areas for bird-watching and enjoying the outdoors.
- Back porch with table and two chairs, outside table with four chairs and hammock near our woodlot for relaxing and daydreaming.
- Sofa and comfortable chairs in living room and glass porch.
- Library area with non-functioning fireplace.
- Love-seat in Kitchen.
- Television with local channels and internet.
- An assortment of books, many about and written by Louisiana authors
- Regional magazines
- DVDs and local music
- CD player
Bonne Terre Cottage contributes to a healthier planet by utilizing green household products such as energy efficient light bulbs, a programmable thermostat, an Energy Star-rated air conditioner, ceiling fans, energy-efficient windows and eco-friendly cleaning products and laundry detergent. We cultivate an organic garden, tend a small orchard and a flock of free range chickens. Our 10-acre homestead, which includes a two-acre woodlot, is a National Wildlife Federation certified wildlife habitat.
This is best as a longer term rental of a month or two at $2300/ month.
Bookings for a week can be made 2 months in advance at $900 / week for 2 guests, $1000 / week for 4 guests.
Bookings for 2-4 nights can sometimes be arranged within 2 weeks of arrival. ($180 / night for 2 guests – $200 / night for 4 guests)