Stewards of the land
“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
The original windows have had newer more energy efficient storms installed over them and an Energy-Star rated heat pump for central air-conditioning/heat and ceiling fans keep the house comfortable year round.
Bonne Terre’s 10-acre homestead includes a two-acre woodlot and a National Wildlife Federation certified wildlife habitat. It has an organic garden, a small orchard, and a small flock of free-range chickens.
We provide our guests with:
- Recycling bins
- A kitchen compost pail for organic waste
- 100% cotton linens
- Natural soaps and sprays created by local artisans
- Organic and Fair Trade Certified food products
- Cloth napkins and non-disposable dishes
- Access to books, music and DVDs by Louisiana artists
- A non-smoking environment